- Tradition is not a business model. The past is no longer a reliable guide to future success.
- „Should“ is not a business model. You can say that people „should“ pay for your product but they will only if they find value in it.
- Virtue is not a business model. Just because you do good does not mean you deserve to be paid for it.
- Business models are not made of entitlements and emotions. They are made of hard economics. Money has no heart.
- Begging is not a business model. It’s lazy to think that foundations and contributions can solve news‘ problems. There isn’t enough money there.
- No one cares what you spent. Arguing that news costs a lot is irrelevant to the market.