We asked 150 experts from around the world what makes communities thrive this year.
Their answers are now available across 60 beautiful pages filled with insights, data, trends and forecasts.
10 findings on the status quo and future of communities.
1. ORGANIZATIONS ENGAGE WITH THEIR AUDIENCE TO GROW
2. PEOPLE JOIN COMMUNITIES TO CONNECT WITH EACH OTHER
3. A SHARED PURPOSE MAKES COMMUNITIES THRIVE
4. COMMUNITY LEADERS ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE STATUS QUO
5. IT’S HARD TO MEASURE THE IMPACT OF COMMUNITIES
6. NEW METRICS TO MEASURE THE IMPACT OF COMMUNITIES
7. PEOPLE CONNECT IN SPECIALIZED NICHE COMMUNITIES
8. COMMUNITIES THRIVE ON CLEAR VISION AND GOVERNANCE
9. PEOPLE ENGAGE WITH VIDEO AND CURATED CONTENT
10. IN AN UNCERTAIN FUTURE, PEOPLE TAKE THINGS BACK INTO THEIR HANDS
Contributed by the fine folks who build, lead and manage communities at places like WeTransfer, Airbnb, Protein, Red Bull, Sofar Sounds, EyeEm, Google, CNN, SPACE10, Zapier, Polaroid Originals, Depop & many others.