Robert Scoble hat sich Gedanken gemacht, was aus seiner Sicht wichtige Elemente des Internets im nächsten Jahr sein werden:
- Real Time. Google caught the Wave of that trend today BIG TIME.
- Mobile. Google, again, caught that wave big time Wednesday when it handed Android phones to everyone at its IO conference.
- Decentralized. Does Microsoft or Twitter demonstrate that trend? Not really well.
- Pre-made blocks. I call this “copy-and-paste” programming. Google nailed it with its Web Elements (I’ll add a few of those next week).
- Social. Oh, have you noticed how much more social the web is? The next two days I’m hanging out on an aircraft carrier with a few people who do social media for the Navy.
- Smart. Wolfram Alpha opened a lot of people’s eyes to what is possible in new smart displays of information.
- Hybrid infrastructure. At the Twitter Conference this week lots of people were talking about how they were using both traditional servers along with cloud-based approaches from Amazon and Rackspace to store, study, and process the sizeable datasets that are coming through Twitter, Facebook, and friendfeed.